With the annual IT Financial Management conference that happened last week, IT Managers were focusing on how to improve current processes along with orchestrating many other large IT projects. The conference highlights included:
- Achieve total IT cost transparency to drive enhanced decision making, accountability and IT cost optimization
- Embrace the latest automated tools to more effectively report, allocate and predict IT costs
- Ignite IT transformation efforts by spearheading improved IT governance frameworks, service catalogues and IT portfolio management strategies
- Leverage dashboards, data visualization and other communication techniques to bridge the gap between IT and the business
- Partner with IT procurement teams to develop more cost-effective contracting and vendor management strategies
One of the breakout sessions that stuck out to me is called, Embracing Digital Disruption—Opportunities and Resources for Innovation. As all organizations continue to evolve further into the digital landscape, it is becoming more cumbersome to control the many subscriptions, contracts and assets that come along with these technological advancements. Beside the point of these event – Valicom can assist you in managing your telecom and asset inventory with a TEM software, along with many services ranging from Contract Negotiation to Bill Payment.
The first day of the event held two Process Improvement Clinics, Plausible Versus Probable – Scenario Planning for Smarter Technology Investment, and IT Planning & Forecasting Methodologies. Both clinics seem equally beneficial, which is why you probably wished you could be two places at once to take in the wealth of information from both clinics at the same time. Following these clinics, you could experience one of two tracks – one focuses more on IT Financial Management leadership whereas the other targets IT Financial Management infrastructure.
Keep an eye out for next year’s event, we suggest that you attend and open your mind to the future of IT financial management. The International Quality & Productivity Center holds many events each year – to check out their full calendar of events based on your industry, click here.
About the Author: Chantel Soumis
Chantel Soumis brings over a decade of knowledge in workflow enhancement through the use of technology. Chantel studied marketing communications and business administration at Franklin University and proceeded to work in a fast, ambitious environment, assuring client delight in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. Passionate about project productivity and streamlining workflows through the use of technology, Chantel strives to inform organizations of Valicom’s advanced telecom expense management software and services by mastering communications and messaging while delivering helpful information and supporting resources.