As mentioned in our previous post on wireless, inventory management is critical to keeping a lid on your telecom costs. The trick is knowing WHAT to manage. And until the landline telephone goes away, they are still a headache. Here are some best practices we’ve found from twenty years of fixed wireline expense management….
Telecom Inventory Management Tips
- Identify and track at the line/circuit level
- Tie to location(s) at line/circuit level
- Monitor individual line/circuit contract status
- Keep service dates accurate
- Additional key data points to track:
- Service types
- Attributes (monthly recurring charges)
Now that you know what to do, you need a place to keep all this data. Spreadsheets work, but they are pretty 1995, so we would suggest you check out a demo of Clearview, our web-based telecom management software.
Want a bigger picture on the benefits of inventory management for IT, telecom and finance? Check out our brief on “Why Telecom Inventory Management matters”.