A major source of headaches for telecom managers is dealing with telecom invoicing. Lots of paper = lots of mess. And you know you should really review those suckers EVERY time, EVERY month, but really – who has the time.
So finding a way to streamline invoice processing should be high on your list. A few tips to make your life easier…
Telecom Invoice Management Tips
- Paper Invoices
- Scan them in for easy access
- Track to summary level
- Get electronic invoice data whenever possible
- More data, more analysis, more automation = MORE SAVINGS
- Process sooner, avoid late fees
- Review variances and existing issues
- Variances at the summary and line level are a great way to catch problems
- Make sure you know if there are already issues with an invoice (we’ll discuss this more later in issue tracking)
Now that you know what to do, you need a place to keep all this data. Spreadsheets will work, but not well, so we would suggest you check out Clearview, our web-based telecommanagement software.
Want some more good telecom management tips? Register and download our white paper “Plugging the Leak: Six Steps Towards Managing Your Telecom Expenses”