If you learn nothing else on this blog, know this.
Telecom Contract Negotiation is the #1 way to save money on telecom services.
Ok, now that we have your attention, let’s talk tactics. Remember that the telecom vendors are in business to make money. YOUR money. So they are good at this, and maybe you aren’t. Either get someone to the negotiating table with you that has experience, or at least be aware of these basic tactics….
Telecom Contract Negotiation Tactics
- Develop and utilize a solid RFP template
- Allow appropriate time prior to existing agreement expiration for response and review
- Understand what you can/should get through benchmarking & competitive analysis
- Compare apples-to-apples with a solid response matrix
- Negotiate both prices and terms
- Post contract validation – make sure that “What you negotiated, You got.”
These simple tactics can help you prepare for a telecom contract negotiation. Or feel free to work with a telecom expense management firm like Valicom to access the help you need. We offer flexible telecom expense management services, only stepping in as often, or as much as you want us to during the process. Contact us at 800-467-7226 x233 to discuss the options.